Customer Operations Technician • Remote Hands - Netherlands
Cessnalaan 50, Amsterdam
The Customer Operations Technician (COT) is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of network and critical facility infrastructure.The COT is responsible for providing customer service support to all internal and external customers and will assist the Technical Operation teams to ensure 100% uptime of all customer and critical infrastructure. The COT will also support all customer demands including remote hands support such as: racking and stacking network devices, cabling, terminating, testing, labelling and troubleshooting of copper and fibre optic homeruns and cross-connects while responding to Technical Support Requests within the agreed Service Level Agreement time frame.
The COT carries out daily tasks for and on behalf of customers at one or multiple sites, in a correct and timely manner and as agreed.
What you'll do
- Provides technical customer service support and carries out operational technical assignments requested by clients (e.g. Hands & Eyes, patch connects and/or disconnects, etc.) which can include direct contact with customers.
- Observes and reports the progress of assignments and the delivery of any value-added services to the clients, Service Planning, and the ECSC/GCC.
- Plays an active role in connection with health and safety aspects, is aware of and complies with the agreed procedures relating to the health and safety. This is including, but not limited to, acting as a first responder to emergencies and evacuations, ensuring confidential data is properly secured and ensuring that no unauthorized employees and third parties have access to systems.
- Records the assignments in a local report for the Customer Operations Campus Supervisor and/or Senior COT and provides feedback to Service Planning.
- Makes suggestions for improving the quality and effectiveness of the assignments and customer services delivered as well as the quality and effectiveness of the data center.
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment and reports all building and customer defects to the Customer Operations Campus Supervisor.
- Handles the delivery, collection and logistics of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Acts as first line (if desirable) and second line support with respect to responses on alarms and handles or escalates alarms according to guidelines.
- Monitors equipment and indicates if SLAs are under pressure.
- Monitors and documents customer services provided by external providers and accompanies customers that request access to the centralized patching room.
- Support Service Transition (implementation) activities, under coordination of the Service Design & Transition department.
- Execution of migration activities (labelling, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and testing).
- Installation and de-installation of Cross Connects.
- Installation and de-installation of cabinets, cable ducts, powerstrips.
- Documenting all work carried out in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- Assistance in the execution of operational tasks regarding incident and problem management.
- Potentially guides and supports junior Customer Operations Technician (COT)
- Follows up on customer termination requests and questions.
- Monitors customer power usage and reports billing.
- Performs Quality check of service and installation.
- If applicable, participates in call-out and/or 24/7 rosters to ensure 24/7 services following SLA agreements with customers.
What you'll need
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Computer-literacy / IT skills - email, data entry, MS Office.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of relevant techniques around typical customer infrastructure, in relation to the scope of services of Customer Operations and Services (e.g. coaxial, copper and fibre cable infrastructures, Hands & Eyes, network service portfolio).
- Proficient understanding of site infrastructure, is able to observe, report, interact and support.
- Proficient understanding of the standards and certification of Interxion: a Digital Realty Company.
- Novice knowledge of the business, and the working of the data center.
- Novice understanding of emergency situations and escalation processes.
- Vocational level qualification (MBO level 4); graduated in a technical field (qualified electricians are a distinct advantage).
- 2-5 years experience as a technician in Telco, IT or DC background (preferred but not essential).
- Experience in a client facing data center or technical experience in a customer service oriented
A bit about us
Operations Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.