The position reports to the VP of Portfolio Management, Asia Pacific and will be responsible for the portfolio of assets within APAC. The role is responsible for the creation of shareholder value by contributing to the development of strategies & action plans that support the direction, management & brand growth of the APAC portfolio in existing assets, new acquisitions and developments in accordance with the Asia Pacific business strategy. The position is responsible for the APAC markets and will support the VP of Portfolio in collaborating & partnering with key stakeholders to drive the company’s Asia Pacific business goals.
Success metrics for the group include but are not limited to the following ‐
- Revenue growth.
- Net Operating Income (NOI) growth.
- Return on Investment (ROI) growth.
- Portfolio growth.
- Market competitiveness.
- Reporting compliance, controls, and adherence to company policies.
The role is expected to be the ultimate business owner of the designated portfolio and highly focused on supporting six primary areas of the portfolio management function:
- P&L Responsibility, for assigned portfolio of assets.
- Reporting & forecasting accountability.
- Managing the capital approval process with the Investment Committee.
- Costing & pricing for space and power across the assets.
- Supporting sales in the leasing and contracting process.
- Developing and maintaining strong market knowledge and a competitive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is responsible for driving internal growth of assigned assets by working with internal teams on leasing and re‐development, actively participating in the acquisitions process, maintaining control over property build rates and property operations cost.
- Internal Growth
- Responsible to drive internal growth through leasing, build‐out, re‐development and operations initiatives by supporting VP Portfolio in close collaboration with Sales, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Acquisition, Design & Construction and Operations teams.
- Responsible to develop, through an accepted system and framework, the following at the property level aligned to target the market, customer demands and corporate direction:
- Leasing goals and targets (Sales Conversion Rate) ‐ providing for budgeted GAAP signings and Incremental Revenue targets
- Design & Construction goals & targets (Build Rate) – providing for annual capital budgets in accordance with approved development spend.
- Property Operations goals & targets (Operations Expenditure Rate) – providing for annual operations budgets for the assigned assets.
- Lead/Support VP Portfolio in collaborating & partnering with: ‐
- Technical Sales professionals in understanding tenants’ technical requirements for purpose of structuring appropriate lease specifications and costs.
- Property Operations and Design & Construction professionals in understanding the organization’s ability to meet required Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for the creation of re‐development and repositioning strategies (if applicable) for assigned assets to maximize net income and investment returns.
- External Growth
- Contribute to driving external growth by assisting and partnering in the acquisitions process with the Acquisitions team. Lead/support the VP Portfolio in participation of potential acquisitions providing market intelligence and operational and capital budgeting forecasts.
- Support Sales & Marketing in growing the company brand in region; Coordinate marketing and leasing of properties, tour space, qualify prospective tenants and negotiate new leases and renewals.
Reporting & Forecasting Accountability
The role will be accountable for accurate reporting & forecasting for the assigned assets, including:
- Review and approve property operations and capital budgeting, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Provide guidance on monthly reporting and corrective measures needed to ensure optimum property performance.
- Approve and oversee the planning, budgeting, approval, and control of operating and portfolio and development capital expenditures.
- Oversee collection of rent and customer compliance with lease terms.
- Oversee the preparation of all required legal notices with the Lease Administration team.
- Generate and execute annual business plan for each asset in conjunction with the operating and capital budgeting. Review results and make adjustments in tactics or overall strategy if new opportunities arise.
- Ensure complete and accurate quantitative and qualitative reporting to the Finance and Accounting teams, and review and provide guidance on property and Trust level financial forecasting.
Responsible for the successful negotiation of all leasing within designated properties –
- Manages the Price Book for each asset considering location, market supply and demand, built inventory and competition.
- Responsible for preparing and structuring the Lease Opportunity Summary (LOS) and associated Investment Analysis for deal approval in accordance with FAP.
- Support the VP of Portfolio in the presenting of leasing and development proposals to the Investment Committee (IC)
- Works closely with Sales and Legal to deliver high quality leases and services agreements to ensure achievement of incremental revenue targets year on year.
- Takes early control of the leasing process and provides leasing expertise. Drives momentum during lease drafting to achieve commercially favourable outcomes, compliant with DLR’s risk tolerance and at a pace to ensuring customer satisfaction at lease signing.
- Works with the Lease Administration team on the approval process for all leasing activity with all relevant departments, including Legal, Accounting, Tax and Compliance.
- Plans lease renewal strategies considering asset performance, customer relationships and market dynamics.
Preparation of Quarterly Asset Market Reviews (QMAR) providing supply and demand and pricing intelligence on the designated markets using the best qualified resources, including:
- Competitive supply – operator developments including land, inventory under construction and inventory available.
- Demand profile – market take‐up and inventory absorption rates.
- Market pricing – tracking market movements quarterly and updating Price Book as required.
- Identifying future developments and new market entrants.
- Mapping CSP demand profile and availability zone (AZ) location preference with Segments team.
- Utilizing market intelligence to drive market strategy with Sales and Acquisition team
- May have a supervision remit over Asset Managers or other team members, as required.
- Provides oversight for Portfolio Operations, Design and Construction, Sales and Engineering teams across the nominated region.
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of education.
- Post‐graduate degree in Real Estate Management (preferred).
- Extensive work experience within the Asia Pacific Real Estate sector.
- Previous successful multi‐site asset management experience gained.
- A strong professional network in Real Estate and the datacentre industry (desirable).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.