As a member of the Portfolio Operations team, this highly-visible role will oversee all site-level, campus-level security operations for the assigned properties by administering the third-party guarding service contract, coordinating security technology infrastructure projects and ensuring overall security compliance with Digital Realty’s policies and procedures and other regulatory and contractual requirements.
This position will sit in Piscataway, NJ (365 South Randolphville Rd.) but will also rotate to the North NJ and NYC Digital Realty locations
What you’ll do
- Oversee day-to-day security operations and management of site security vendor for assigned territory.
- Manage budget and assigned security infrastructure projects for assigned security operations.
- Drive operational and security compliance; and create accountability through effective change management, leadership and innovation.
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction KPIs as evidence in feedback surveys, audit results, zero security breaches and policy violations.
- Oversee third-party security vendor recruitment and training including:
- Providing initial on-boarding and training for contracted security provider’s key supervisory staff (e.g. lead site, area managers) on technology, customer SLAs, site policy and procedures.
- Ensure third-party security guard firm complies with the service contract, KPIs and SLAs objectives including:
- Closely monitoring alarm response, building/grounds physical security protection, customer lease SLA requirements, effective crisis management, employee/customer safety, investigations, fire and life safety.
- Coordinate with guard services provider to ensure consistent development of, and compliance with, post orders.
- Establish an annual security operations plan for assigned properties on staffing, recruiting and retention, systems, infrastructure upgrades and maintenance, budget management and customer satisfaction. Set KPIs to measure and report on operational and systems performance.
- Ensure all training requirements and/or annual company-sponsored security operational exercises, compliance requirements and audits are completed on-time for assigned territory.
- Lead business continuity and emergency response planning and operations coordination for assigned operations.
- Monitor and regulate security platform transactions, security vendor KPI’s and SLA’s in assigned territory; and develop corrective actions to address deficiencies.
- Keep records and prepare accurate timely reports both manually and through automated methods.
- Facilitate security equipment deployment projects as appropriate and assigned by Digital manager.
- Support internal and external regulatory audits and certifications, customer/sales/corporate tours as needed.
- Liaison with Digital Realty’s corporate Portfolio Security, other Digital departments, local fire and police officials, contractors and others to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Successfully perform and complete duties that may be assigned by Digital manager.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of security operations experience required preferably in a corporate environment or government agency with advance knowledge of physical security operations and technical design and system trends.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or have law enforcement or US military background with honorable discharge or a combination of both educational and relevant, job-related work experience.
- Data center operations, experience with managing large, multi-complex facilities and/or technology industry experience preferred.
- Customer focus and experience working with top Fortune 100 customers.
- Self-driven, bias for action and detail oriented.
- Prior experience with business continuity and emergency response planning and operations coordination preferred.
- Experience with security systems and software platforms required.
- Strong commitment to security policies, rules and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- A polished professional demeanor and commercial mindset.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and work solutions through to completion with absolute discretion and confidentiality when required.
- Must be computer literate and possess advance-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Knowledge and experience with the use of quality and/or continuous improvement tools, techniques, practices, etc. preferred.
- Strong team player with a demonstrated track record and history in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and solving problems.
- Advance customer (internal/external) interfacing, problem-solving and relationship skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel locally as required.
- Overnight travel may be required on an “as needed, special basis” but generally less than 10% of the time.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.