This role is assigned per Country to proactively manage and progress local execution of in-bound opportunities of and relationships with a portfolio of Global/Regional Accounts, providing ongoing account management coordination to Global/Regional Account Owners locally. To act as the interface between local and regional sales and local operations, in order to help maintain and grow customer revenue and ensure quality and consistency in customer experience.
The role of the Country Business Manager is responsible for managing the local relationships with his/her portfolio of Global/Regional Accounts. The role operates under the general guidance of both local Sales Management and the EMEA Regional Account and works across functions locally. The assigned account portfolio consists of local operations of the company’s Global/Regional Accounts. Customer facing, with contact to all decision maker levels.
Level of Impact:
This position is an important contributor to the achievement of the company’s Segment and Global/Regional/Local Account strategies and objectives. Failure to execute jeopardizes Account relationships and the growth opportunities we have with them, and will have a negative impact on mid- and long-term gooba/regional and local revenue and EBITDA Margin growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Actively relationship manage assigned local portfolio of existing Global/Regional Accounts
- Country Business Managers (CBM) are focused on local and inbound deployments for their country
- Aingle point of contact for and work with Account Owners to coordinate activities around inbound opportunities
- Actively build and maintain local customer relationships with key decision makers through the facilitation of client meetings/networking and Data Center tours
- Collaborate with Global/Regional Account Directors and local (Sales & Marketing) Management to agree local account and relationship management targets and KPI’s
- As and when required, undertake business reviews to develop understanding of local customer needs and/or issues, to ensure customer satisfaction with service levels
- Serve as interface between Regional Sales and local Implementation/Operations and as customer point of contact locally for non-operational issues, to provide consistent customer experience
- Resolve and, when necessary, escalate areas of concern raised by assigned accounts to Account Owners
- Provide regular and ad-hoc account reporting as required
- Provide input to Regional Sales/Business Management and to Region Account planning and drive local execution
Proactively help maintain and grow customer revenue
- Monitor local business performance against agreed commercial terms and service level agreements, reporting and flagging potential deviances and risks to Regional Account Owners and local Sales Management
- Proactively provide Regional Account and Business Management with local commercial and operational insights and intelligence (e.g. market pricing, competition, regulations), flag and help qualify customer growth, product and expansion opportunities
- Support the Regional Account Owner and Regional Business Management in the pursuit (design and propose) and contracting stages of new business and up/cross sales opportunities, generating local proposals and quotes (CBM leads where delegated by the Regional Account Director)
- Support the Regional Account Director in the generation of service agreements and in the ongoing administration of existing contracts to maximize their value
- Where delegated by the Account Owner, directly engage with customers for reactive transactional sales
- Help achieve local run rate revenue retention and growth
- Support Account Owner to maximize probability to win deal
Ensure proper information maintenance
- Maintain up to date and accurate information on all local customer activity in Salesforce.com.
- Ensure Regional Account Owners are aware of any changes and opportunities locally within assigned accounts
- Collaborate with EMEA Business Management to ensure best practices functional process consistency
- Identify and communicate to Global / Regional Account Leads of new opportunities at a local level
- Share local knowledge and insight e.g. market pricing, competition, regulations and other local insights etc.