Hybrid position: open to Dallas, TX, Clifton/Piscataway, NJ, Atlanta, GA, Ashburn, VA and other East/Central DLR markets.
The Electrical & Capacity Design Manager will be responsible for Coordinating Engineering Design, Contractors, Commissioning Agents and multiple company inhouse systems for the Colocation Portfolio daily operations and expansions.
Responsible for capacities and resources in response to changing business dynamics. Tasks include selected sites and all AC power, DC power and HVAC systems.
Data Acquisition and Data Validation from all Energy Related Systems. Research and analyze the energy consumption and trends for each facility. Lead Energy Efficiency initiatives for energy savings cost avoidances.
What you’ll do
- Design Power Engineering solutions for AC & DC applications for Colocation Portfolio customers.
- Ensure prompt and on time capacity additions to meet sales and customer demands.
- Managing power capabilities and resources in response to changing business dynamics.
- Research and analyze the energy consumption and trends for each facility.
- Measure and report energy savings/cost avoidances for energy initiatives.
- Support continual process improvement through providing key reporting metrics and developing new reporting tools.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the appropriate business users to understand the key business drivers and priorities.
- Analyze and ensure monthly release of reports related to energy and capacity utilization.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for energy use or need.
- Conduct various energy studies and prepare associated reports.
- Provide the support and business procedures necessary to maintain the integrity of data which originates within Energy & Capacity Management department.
- Oversees development of appropriate supporting IT solutions and system enhancements.
- Learn and understand DLR Business Model and daily operations.
- Travel to Field Sites to perform Power Capacity and Energy audits.
- Interface with Sales Engineers & Customers to design for timely completion of work.
- Manage distribution capacity for AC and DC power.
- Assist in the Turn up and Commissioning of new distribution systems to ensure accuracy on documentation and across software platforms and Engineering Files.
- Verify customer-specific terms and apply them to Digital Realty suite of products.
- Comply with all emergency, safety and security procedures to ensure an optimal work environment.
- Update Electrical Engineering Construction Package templates and Method of Procedures (MOP) for all AC and DC power installs and power capacity augments.
- Create and maintain monthly/quarterly reports on power capacity for all sites including: commercial power, generator power, UPS power and DC power.
What you’ll need
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Understanding of business processes and drivers.
- Strong communicator with both business users and technical project staff.
- Rigorous attention to detail and application of standards and processes.
- High self-motivation and strong delivery focus.
- Proactive ability to work with users to define business requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and development specifications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work from home with high productivity.
- Ability to identify opportunities and generate options for new business deliverables.
- Experience supporting a 24x7 mission critical operations center.
- Proficient in Network and Data technologies to collect data from Electrical systems. i.e. Modbus TCP/IP, TCP/IP trouble shooting, SQL queries.
- Functional & proven knowledge of ACAD.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer) and or/equivalents
- A solid technical background, excellent leadership skills, professional approach, good organizational skills, attention to details, and the ability to produce quality work.
- Must be able to resolve customer problems effectively.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of electrical engineering experience.
- LEED Certification, a plus.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated may need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements if required per your job requirements, work location, and customer obligations subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.