The Vice President of Sales APAC, reports to the EVP Global Sales and Marketing. He/she is responsible for the direction and management of APAC company sales and business development operations, including lead generation, pipeline management, creating strategies & action plans for new & existing markets. The Vice President of Sales, APAC will drive the company’s achievement of its customer acquisition and revenue goals.
Success metrics include but are not limited to the following: -
- Revenue growth
- Market share growth
- New market penetration
- New customer acquisition
- Increase customer spend on International deployments
- Regional & Global Asset utilization rate
- Return on Investment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The VP will be responsible for strategies which develop APAC business activities to achieve team revenue goals
- Collaborate with multiple work functions, including but not limited to, Marketing, Portfolio, Design & Construction, to drive the delivery of these strategies
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the leadership team in order to influence wider-organizational strategies. Remain active in the industry by engaging in, but not limited to, external events, roundtables, industry advisory boards and press releases in order to promote the company brand and profile.
- Oversee the commercial structure of all deals within the team with direct support to larger more complex opportunities. Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities and expanding company’s customer base
- Create a culture of success. Manage, lead and actively encourage the Sales function to meet revenue goals. Hire and develop strong sales professionals to maintain the optimal sales team structure
- Responsible for the departmental budget, the VP is expected to effectively utilize and deploy the resources and operations available to support the Sales team deliver profitable growth
- Influence the design of sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets. Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Work closely with the marketing and alliances functions to establish successful support, channel and partner programs to maximize pipeline into the region.
- Responsible for overseeing accurate sales reporting from the region including forecasting, client feedback and sales activities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Ensure team negotiates proposal business terms and conditions directly with customers under parameters provided by management, and in partnership with Asset/Portfolio Management.
- Review developed proposals and the associated preparation and presentation of corporate literature.
- Ensure team closely collaborate with Portfolio/Asset Management Team to ensure assets meet measurement parameters including, but not limited to: -Utilization rates within timeframe, and Return from Investment.
- Ensure staff coordinates all facets of the customer experience including interactions between customers, sales engineering, operations, property managers, chief engineers and datacenter engineers.
- Ensure team’s readiness and active participation in Quarterly Business Reviews
- Oversee the hiring and development of Japan sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size.
- Coach & develop Talents from within Sales Team.
- Consistently manage poor behavior and constantly recognize positive results & behaviour
- Be a role model for the company culture. Echo inclusion & diversity values across all teams.
- Encourage team’s participation in corporate activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of ten years of related experience and/or training preferred. In lieu of a BA/BS degree, must have 12 or more year’s related experience.
Proven ability to close transactions and proven reputation in day-to-day sales management. Experience in Technology Sector preferred. Ability to effectively present value propositions for product sets independent of pricing. Ability to clearly present deal business terms and operational considerations to regional management. Ability to clearly articulate value propositions of company products and clearly differentiate product offerings from competitor offerings.
Ability to negotiate at C-level. Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of customers, managers and Board Level. Requires a high level of commitment to customer service and teamwork with internal operations, finance and management. Effectively bilingual in Japanese and English.
Advanced Word and Powerpoint skills. Ability to create, format and proof proposals, presentations and other customer facing documentation as a formal work product that is indicative of the professionalism of the company.
Understanding of lease terms and commercial deals.
Ability to discern “good” deals from “bad” deals based upon management-provided financial guidelines.
Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently. Requires basic analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences. Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Ability to plan, manage & execute at both strategic and operational levels. Capable of switching between detail & big picture perspectives
- Proven record in managing teams comprising of diverse personalities & experiences. Demonstrates an openness to share knowledge, coach and build successful teams
- A charismatic individual with strong “command presence” who leads courageously and will speak his/her mind openly. Works well within all levels of the organization.
- Capable of building relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- An energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation, someone who commits himself/herself fully to the job and who is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.