Position Title: Lead Microservices Architect/Developer
Location: Dallas – Remote
What you’ll need
If you combine deep Microservices and API Architecture, Design, Development experience with leadership skills, you owe it to yourself to take a closer look at this opportunity. In this role you will:
- Play a key role in one of Digital Realty's top initiatives to launch and develop a Global API product that enables direct systems integration to DLR’s portal functionality.
- Make a significant impact on our organization: As Microservices Lead, you'll influence direction now and into the future.
- Help drive the evolution of one of the world's largest full-service global data center business with an emphasis on true interconnection with our customers.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities or advance within our growing organization.
What we’re looking for at Digital Realty
- An Architect- You’re comfortable crafting robust distributed systems that achieve both short and long-term business goals.
- An Influencer- You communicate well across the organization to help define technical strategies and design tactics to execute them. You have the ability to articulate a clear technical vision.
- Clean, Performant Code- You’re hands-on and comfortable writing code. You keep up with best practices and have a breadth of experience with different languages and frameworks. You are passionate about code quality and automation. You're comfortable driving the implementation and adoption of new frameworks, tools and technologies.
- Agile Best Practices-You like working in an agile development environment and enjoy pairing, test-driven development, leading demos with working code and slicing work in a way that focuses on the highest value.
- A Mentor- You have a passion for passing on your hard-earned experience. You disseminate knowledge and strive to level up those around you.
Why you are a fit for this position
- You have 15+ years of Software Engineering experience and have experience in leadership roles across the full technology stack.
- You have 6-7+ years Architecture, Design, hands on experience with Spring Boot based REST Microservices design and Development
- Architecture/Design Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud frameworks is a must
- You have demonstrated organizational impact in your career by championing engineering principles like SOLID, TDD, OO design, etc.
- You have a passion for pulling others up the ladder in their technology career and sharing best practices with more junior engineers.
- Ability to collaborate well with the broader organization to include product, QA, senior leadership, vendors and other key stakeholders to your work.
- Experience in building robust, highly available, and scalable web services.
- Expertise in designing and transforming architecture into a microservices driven environment
- Experience with building and deploying microservices in the cloud (Azure or AWS).
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers.
- Ability to debug production issues across multiple web services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Deep understanding of various Microservices and integration patterns using REST, HTTP(S), MQ, JSON, XML and SOAP
- Deep understanding of Microservice patterns
- Expertise with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively to meet timelines/deadlines
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field
- Azure or AWS Solution Architect certifications is a plus
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our IT team
Our IT team is at the heart of our business. We develop infrastructures, design and build networks, support servers and provide the first line of support by delivering rich connectivity for our customers. With new data centers coming online all the time, it’s a rapidly changing technical environment so our team is always ready to innovate and take the lead on projects. We constantly develop, deploy and support vital networks and data services that drive business performance and improve life for customers around the globe.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.