Position Title: Manager, Facility Services
The Manager, Facility Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all non-mission critical equipment and infrastructure of the assigned properties/campus as well as all associated grounds and site services. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the overall safety program to include the creation and implementation of policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment and to have dotted-line reporting responsibilities for the facility assistant team in the assigned market.
What you’ll do
- Oversees all non-mission critical equipment and infrastructure systems for buildings and grounds maintenance program to include scheduling and supervising maintenance repair work
- Ensures emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Maintain stock levels and parts within budget
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and assist with energy and fuel management
- Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and team
- Responsible for interfacing with 3rd party vendors/contractors from initiating RFP to final vendor selection for recommendation to management
- Excellent understanding of fire protection, janitorial needs, physical security and general interior construction and maintenance systems.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and property inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Response Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and best industry practices.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
- Train, evaluate, and create development plans for team members
- Effectively lead and manage people, including close cross-functional collaboration
What you’ll need
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience
- Five or more years of experience successfully leading a facilities team with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally; data center or critical work environment experience a plus
- Experience working within a computerized maintenance and ticketing portal system
- Proficient using MS Office Suite
- Preferred: CET certification, CMP, BOMA, IFMA or equivalency, OSHA 30 Certification, Experience with ServiceNow
- The ability to acquire and apply job-related knowledge within set guidelines and expectations.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills
- Ability to read and interpret work from drawings, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Ability to work quickly and independently in high stress situation/environment
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Ability to accurately estimate the work effort associated with all technical deliverables
- Ability to identify alternative solutions at both the component and architectural level
- Ability to bid out work and develop client/contractor relationships
- Position may involve frequent typing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and lifting. Lifting requirements may range from less than 10 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis with heavier weights done in conjunction with other team members of lifting aids.
- Position may require you to temporarily cover maintenance-level duties at the properly level on a temporary basis due to staffing vacancy or expansion
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.