POSITION: Marketing Automation and Operations Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Automation and Operations Manager with deep expertise in Marketo and Salesforce. This role will act as our internal subject-matter-expert on email and landing page best practices, conversion optimization, marketing operations and tech stack integration for full funnel reporting on programs. You’ll be responsible for the implementation, upkeep, execution, measurement, and best practices of our marketing programs. You’ll work closely with the Content, Field, Digital, and Events teams to build programs and execute the demand generation strategy, as well as collaborate cross-functionally with the IT and Web Development teams. The Marketing automation and operations manager will report to the Director, Demand Generation, Americas.
Develop, execute, maintain, and lead the Marketing Automation Platform Center of Excellence for Digital Realty’s Global Demand Generation efforts
- Collaborate with Marketing leadership and team members to create global, regional, and segment-based communication strategies for acquisition, lead nurturing, customer cross-sell/up-sell, and customer retention
- Partner with the Demand Gen & Ops team to ensure campaigns are running effectively and efficiently across digital advertising channels
- Develop and maintain responsive email and landing page templates consistent with brand standards, partner with the design team to create visually compelling campaigns
- Provide regular read-outs of channel performance to senior leadership, providing recommendations based on campaign objectives and ROI
- Define, document, educate, and train the marketing team on email and email marketing operations best-practices for continuous improvement
- Think strategically with an ongoing improvement mindset while maintaining ability to manage as needed custom Marketo requests
- Provide guidance and recommendation on Marketo integrations that would allow for improved leveraging of data and enable better results
- Establish, maintain and optimize scalable marketing automation processes that use best practices for campaign management
- Consult and provide strategic direction on data integrations with website, CRM, etc.
- Develop and implement a testing roadmap to optimize campaign (open rates, click rate, ctr, conversion rate, etc.)
- Assist in managing lead flow lifecycle by optimizing lead scoring and qualification.
- Create and maintain lead scoring program to identify intent and propensity to buy throughout the buyer’s decision-making journey
- Setup and deploy email automations, including triggers, campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- Create and maintain marketing automations and campaigns for email and potentially other channels, including direct mail, SMS, mobile push, web, etc.
- Segment lists based on demographic data and behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Manage user subscriptions (opt-in & opt-outs) and user engagement (active vs. inactive)
- Data model setup using List, Groups and Data Extensions
- Perform basic administrative functions such as setup of Business Unit, Users, Profile and Role Management and other account configurations
- Ensure standards are applied to marketing automation processes with a focus on quality output, GDPR compliance, CCPA compliance and CAN-SPAM act
- Generate analytical insights that drive significant email subscriber growth and response improvement
- Measure and optimize lead nurturing workflows with a focus on driving engagement, efficiency, and scalability
- Strategic mindset; team player and independent worker that can drive projects forward
- Data driven with analytical and problem-solving skills
- You love to share your opinion and expertise in collaborative settings
- A passion for growth through experimentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Marketing Automation experience with at least 2 years using Marketo specifically
- Marketo Certified Expert
- Knowledge of API integrations, specifically with Salesforce
- Salesforce knowledge of objects, data mapping, workflows, Apex class and triggers
- Experience with campaign attribution and developing UTM parameters
- Understanding of SiriusDecisions’ Demand Waterfall and funnel metrics
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation, Digital Realty requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated by their start date as a condition of employment.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
Our Marketing team works in one of the world’s fastest-growing and exciting sectors. We collaborate with the Sales team to develop effective strategies that help build our business and also ensure our corporate strategy meets our local market needs. Our team helps the business keep the world connected and continue to grow by translating our unique offerings into bespoke campaigns, content and propositions for different locations and customer segments.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.