The Supplier Diversity Leader will develop and lead the Global Supplier Diversity program in alignment with the Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI) Council for Digital Realty. The position will be on the Supply Chain Team. The position will be in Dallas, TX. (Hybrid)
What you’ll do
- Develop and lead the global DLR Supplier Diversity Program in alignment with the DEI Council’s objectives.
- Author policies and procedures to support and drive expansion of the supplier diversity goals.
- Develop program collateral materials and present to customers and other external stakeholders. Coordinate and respond to customer inquiries on supplier diversity.
- Engage with global, regional, national and local diversity councils and organizations (MBE Councils, WBE Councils, Veterans Councils, Disability Councils, LGBTQ Councils) to identify certified diverse companies for sourcing.
- Work with regional sourcing groups (EMEA, APAC) on supplier diversity initiatives. Work with regions to develop diverse supplier strategies. Work with regional stakeholders to incorporate cultural considerations in the way the supplier diversity program is implemented and adopted across DLR.
- Support Strategic Sourcing projects and RFPs by identifying capable diverse suppliers for quoting opportunities based on memberships and alternative approaches
- Support Design & Construction efforts with GC’s to identify, source and track diverse capabilities across the subcontractor base.
- Support North American Portfolio Operations in sourcing site level agreements with capable diverse suppliers.
- Lead the development efforts for existing diverse suppliers approved by DLR
- Track and report diverse supplier counts and spend for Tier 1. Develop business requirements for tracking and reporting for Tier 2.
- Benchmark competitors, customers, and suppliers to bring best-in-class practices to DLR.
- Work with Legal and Data Privacy to identify and document country-level parameters that will ensure global program compliance with regulations; to be reflected in policies, training materials, and business requirements.
- Lead training initiatives across all stakeholders to educate them on supplier diversity requirements, programs, and systems; will include the development of training materials in collaboration with other stakeholders such as HR, Legal, Data Privacy, etc…
- Develop KPIs, set annual goals, and track progress in alignment with goals and objectives set and supported by the DEI Council and the ELT (Executive Leadership Team). Potential KPIs include total diverse spend, expansion of spend with current diverse suppliers, number of diverse suppliers, etc….
- Define requirements for a supplier portal through Oracle to be used for identifying new diverse suppliers across various products and services globally, including process requirements to administrate across the sourcing teams in different regions and functional areas
What you’ll need
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in developing and managing corporate Supplier Diversity programs
- Skilled in strategic sourcing of a broad range of products and services.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills. Comfortable at presenting to all levels of management, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Communications, Finance, or related field.
- Strong in planning and executing global programs, including technical writing skills for policies and training materials; PMP is a plus.
- Travel up to 25%
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.