The Implementation Manager’s primary responsibility is project management of customer implementations in a data center raised floor environment. This typically includes the installation of racks, electrical distribution, cages, containment systems, and data cable infrastructure. The Implementation Manager will manage multiple simultaneous projects across several data centers in their region using standard project and construction management best practices. The primary responsibility is to use standard project management and construction best practices to ensure all deployments are completed on time, in budget, and error-free. Additional specific responsibilities include:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create a project plan for each customer deployment
- Track the deployment and update the project plan
- Create a bill of materials and scope/spec for each sub-trade required to implement the customer requirements\Manage material vendors and contractor
- Manage, direct and coordinate the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work for the deployment projects
- Track vendor performance against contracts and SLAs
- Provide Technical and Project Oversight and support to the property and data center managers
- Provide technology and process training for local teams
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors to provide trade and product specific training for local teams
- Provide issue resolution, expedite orders, and facilitate cross functional communication such as coordination of customer change requests
Hybrid Role (Supporting the Data Center Design Engineer)
- Acts as Capacity engineer in assigning power and space in the Asia Region.
- Supports the Data Center Design Engineer(DCDE) role in updating DCIM in terms of Layouts, RPP load balancing & pairing.
- Manage assignments of new customer racks, cabinets, cages, panels and conduits.
- Create in ACAD Implementation Package and SOW documentation for installations of ladder rack, fiber raceway, cable ties, power and grounding.
- Create Project Bill of Materials (BOM) for all installation projects.
- Create Work Orders to instruct facility technicians on task to be performed and to track installation projects and sub-Contractor’s work.
- Update facility floor plans using ACAD and DCIM software.
- Update connectivity and cable tie records using DCIM software.
- Update records of customers’ power circuits using company DCIM software.
- Assist sales engineers with facility capacity inquiries regarding space, power and connectivity.
- Perform audits as required at DLR sites.
- 5 years’ experience in the deployment of fixtures and infrastructure in a raised floor data center environment (preferably in the Telco, Colo, or Hosting industry)
- Expert level knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience required
- PMP certification preferred
- BCSI or other data center specific certifications desired
- Expert level knowledge in reading/interpreting construction plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
- Experience working with material vendors, and inventory management/vendor managed inventory (VMI)
- Ability to create specifications and scopes of work
- Expert level proficiency in the use of MS Productivity tools, including Word, Access, Excel, Visio
- Expert level proficiency with project management software
- Working knowledge of Cost Accounting
- Experience in customer deployments in Colo or Hosting industry
- Proven ability to project manage effectively, and to take corrective action when needed
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems supporting a critical environment
- Able to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of clients, customers and the general public
- Customer service skills
- Ability to track costs for all projects, using purchase orders and other tracking methods
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures
- You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 35-50% of the time.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.