The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for preparation/coordinating of all building- and datacenter maintenance (preventive- and corrective maintenance) and all related repairs in order to minimize ‘downtime’.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the optimal functioning of the maintenance process (preventive and corrective maintenance) and acts as a bridge between the Technical Operations and maintenance contractors/suppliers. The maintenance department is single point of contact for maintenance contractors/suppliers.
Main focus areas for this role are the planning, preparation/development of maintenance plans (including Methods of Procedure), diagnosing failures and making recommendations for improvement. Key in these areas is the correct use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Act in different roles set in 1st line support (gatekeeper, basic support, admin), 2nd line support (non-recurring work, manage master data in Ultimo), 3rd line support (problem management root cause analyses) incorporation with continuity and commissioning Team.
What you’ll need
• MBO-4 level in the technical field;
• 2-4 years work experience as a technician in an (electrical or industrial) critical environment;
• Good knowledge of maintenance schedules and maintenance guidelines in a data center environment;
• Good communication and negotiation skills in both Dutch and English;
• Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions;
• Good reporting and administration skills;
• Adequate knowledge and awareness of health and safety risks;
• Familiar with the typical data center infrastructure, diesel generators, UPS, cooling systems is advantage;
• Able to read electrical and signal diagrams;
• Excellent planning skills, interpersonal skills;
• Accurate, customer-oriented, excellent skills for problem analysis;
• Stress resilient, proactive and result oriented.
What we can offer you
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.
Equal opportunities for everyone
Interxion: A Digital Realty Company is a workplace for all. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or ability.
Get in touch with:
Project Manager Pre-Construction Management
Design & Construction PMO Officer Pre-Construction