The Data Center Engineer (DCE) is responsible for the proper functioning of the relevant DC infrastructure. This is done by performing regular inspections, responding to facility alarms, providing preventive and corrective maintenance and installation support. The DCE also supervises suppliers who carry out the maintenance and repairs. The DCE contributes to the daily site operation, including creation and modification of site operating procedures, contribute to the input of change management tickets, provides input for timely incident reporting, site maintenance and repairs/inspections to help ensure the highest level of availability in the datacenter. All in accordance with the relevant quality standards and adhering to the rules and regulations, in particular regarding to Security and Health & Safety.
What you’ll need
• Vocational level qualification (MBO level 3); graduated in a technical field;
• 2-5 years experience as an engineer in Telco, IT or DC background (preferred but not essential);
• Proficient knowledge of the NEN 1010 norms and NEN 3140 and 3840 certification is a plus;
• Foundational administrative skills in Microsoft Office. Service Now experience is preferred;
• Understanding of critical infrastructure, eg: Fire Suppression system, UPS,
cooling systems and architectures;
• Teamworker, analytical and technical skills, detail oriented;
• Ability to work adequately and securely;
• Awareness for quality; striving for 100% accuracy, customer focused;
• Demonstrates commitment and strives for service excellence;
• Pro-active, problem solving, commitment & drive, self-starter;
• Can easily adapt to a changing environment and is open to new ideas,
takes on new responsibilities adjusts plans to meet changing needs;
• Proficient understanding of industry standard data center software systems,
such as BMS, CMMS, DCIM, etc.;
• VCA VOL., BHV. & CDCP preferred;
• Proven verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
• Having a valid driver’s license (category B) is required.
What we can offer you
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action.
We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.
Equal opportunities for everyone
Interxion: A Digital Realty Company is a workplace for all. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or ability.
Get in touch with:
Project Manager Pre-Construction Management
Design & Construction PMO Officer Pre-Construction