- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment; a track record of success in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines with a high quality of work.
- At least four years work experience in finance/accounting (or management consulting).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent financial modeling skills and a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of authoritative accounting literature that imposts Real Estate and Corporate accounting groups.
- CPA is nice to have, but not required.
- Research, prepare and maintain monthly Balance sheets and G&A variance analysis and commentary as appropriate.
- Preparing support data and analyses for financial reporting requirements and corporate communications needs including but not limited to: schedules, reconciliations, footnotes, board books, earnings calls, and analysts requests.
- Ensuring completion of periodic accounting close checklists for respective entities including providing explanations and analyses.
- Working with the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Treasury team, your main focus is to ensure the various cash balances are reconcile each month.
- Compliance with and enhancement of the Company's existing SOX and internal control processes.
- Assist in preparation of cash flow as part of the SEC financial reporting requirements.
- Perform any other projects assigned by the Corporate Controller on an as-needed basis.
- Work independently and complete work with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.