As part of the larger Sales Engineering team, you will support the Sales team in providing technical input to pre-sales activities and customer meetings in the EMEA region. You will be involved throughout the whole sales process and in ensuring that designed solutions are correctly transitioned to the implementation and support teams. You will perform client and customer facing engineering functions in support of customer acquisition, installation and construction, for a range of Global and Enterprise customers. You will work closely with interfacing teams during implementation and deployment, acting as the “technical face” of Interxion: A Digital Realty Company until the customer’s network and equipment are up and running smoothly. At any given time, you will be contributing to multiple sales efforts at various stages.
A key aspect of the role is being able to work closely with the in-country Service Design teams, providing a consultative engagement to define the strategy and approach for responding to multi-site, or multi-country opportunities, ensuring that the end customer receives a consistent and cohesive response at all times.
The primary focus for the role will be the main hyperscale customers and selected Global 2000 customers deploying into the EMEA region.
What you’ll need
• Experience of operating in, and supporting a sales environment, supporting the Sales teams by engaging in Technical requirements capture and defining of technical solution for a range of customers.
• Electrical, Mechanical, Network or Operational datacentre experience is essential.
• Ability to present complex technical solutions in a simplified manner to articulate solutions and benefits to stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• Strong ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements.
• Experience of data centre design, business critical infrastructure management and data centre environment awareness.
• Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex project documents.
• A strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service to clients and co-workers.
• Ability to learn and apply technical and business concepts quickly.
• Required to coordinate and perform site tours of one of our data centres, providing technical information to the customer before, during and after the tour.
• Able to facilitate workshop style sessions with customers to extract important aspects of customer requirements.
• Work well under pressure and take a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
• Good organisational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures. Proven Project Management experience being advantageous.
• Ability to clearly communicate solutions and the ability to present to audiences from all levels within an organisation is essential.
• Effectively respond, verbally or in writing complex inquiries and customer complaints.
• Experience of using tools such as Salesforce, AutoCAD is beneficial.
A bit about us
Interxion: A Digital Realty Company, is a leading provider of carrier- and cloudneutral data centre services across EMEA. With more than 700 connectivity providers in over 100 data centres across 13 European countries, we are at the heart of the internet – powering finance, communication, healthcare, creativity, entertainment, life. As part of Digital Realty, our customers now have access to 49 metros across six continents. We’ve 2,800+ colleagues around the world who work together, come up with life-changing solutions and create connections that matter every day.
A bit about our Operations team
Operations Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future. #LI-DK1
Get in touch with: