Overview – Roles and Responsibilities
This role will be part of GTM Strategy and Planning within Sales Operations whose role it is to provide recommendations and guidance on the allocation and application of sales resources both current and future to maximize the production and productivity of the Sales Organization. Areas we focus on include -
Fundamental for the execution of these areas is the quality of our target account data. This role will be essential to building and maintaining the data, processes and systems to govern the account data. This position will act as the data steward for this domain and augment our capabilities and capacity as part of this organization dedicated to increasing our focus on sales, marketing and the customer.
• Define the data and identify assets aligned to the accounts data domain. Champion the assigned domain with other data stewards and ensure there is alignment with other data quality efforts.
• Create processes and procedures along with access controls to monitor adherence to data standards. This includes establishing internal policies and standards particularly around data creation requirements and field level validations.
• Maintain quality of the data using stakeholder (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, etc) feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly.
• Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use account data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
• Ensure compliance and security of the data. Data stewards are responsible for protecting the data—while providing information on potential risks.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert in coordinating with our IT, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse teams to ensure their understanding of critical account data and advise on its usage.
• Manage assigned resources to execute and maintain account data quality initiatives and processes
• Follows data quality rules and processes to remove duplicate data, cleanse inaccurate data, standardize data entries and schedule data analysis reports
• Performs CRM data maintenance and project-based tasks, including resolving recurring data issues, running data quality searches taking additional external research steps as needed
• Identifies appropriate tools and techniques to identify opportunities for data quality improvement.
• Defines and implements CRM data entry processes, including account creation and validation, alignment with GTM Rules of Engagement, augmentation of Firmographics and Technographics using third party data sources and assignment of segmentation.
• Monitors CRM integrations to maintain the data integrity and ensure the that synchronization between Salesforce instances and peripheral systems is optimized
• Assists with data transfers between systems including CRM, ERP and CDM
• Defines and produces data quality performance metrics to measure adherence to data management standards and processes
• Performs root cause analyses of issues and ensure remediation according to data management policies and standards
• Develops, implements and maintains data quality processes, training, and reference materials
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation, Digital Realty requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated by their start date as a condition of employment.
Education and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in a data stewardship, data quality analyst, or similar role
• A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and requirements gathering
• Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data policies, processes, and systems
• Strategic thinking, with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the tactics when needed
• Strategic thinking, with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the tactics when needed. Understanding of data management concepts and associated business processes and tools, specifically Data Modelling, Data Warehousing, and Data Quality
• Practical, current, hands-on knowledge of customer data management (CDM) and analytics solutions, such as PowerBI (or similar), BI tools, scripting, SQL, very strong Excel skills
• Strong experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM.
• Strong leadership, project management and organizational skills to ensure the data policies and governance frameworks are successfully executed
• Relationship-building and the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders with competing priorities
• Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
• Ability to navigate at all levels in the organization and interact effectively and confidently with audiences of varying skill sets and authority•