Overview: Reporting to the Senior Vice President Deputy General Counsel of Digital Realty Trust, Inc., this position will be responsible for the Company’s corporate legal function in the U.S. with oversight of the corporate legal function in EMEA and APAC and the Company’s global privacy office.
Experience: The successful candidate will have at least 12-15 years of experience, including both major law firm and in-house experience. Public company representation, capital markets and financing transactions experience is required. Experience with privacy regulations and programs is preferred. Experience managing a team of in-house attorneys, paralegals and non-legal subject matter experts is required. Global transactional and entity management experience is preferred.
- Manages, prepares and/or coordinates all aspects of SEC reporting and other SEC filings. This may include drafting and/or reviewing Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (including filing 8-Ks on the Company’s filing platform), S-3, S-8, etc.
- Manages, prepares and/or coordinates all aspects of annual proxy statements, including preparing the proxy statement and coordinating stakeholder review, and annual stockholder meetings.
- Oversees Section 16 reporting and administration of the Company’s subsidiary operating partnership’s partnership units.
- Oversees board and committee matters, including preparation and/or review of meeting materials, resolutions and minutes, and corporate governance matters.
- Leads capital markets and other financing transactions, including registered and non-registered equity and debt offerings as well as secured and unsecured financings.
- Supports M&A and JV transactions, as needed.
- Oversees global entity management and management of joint ventures, including corporate governance and intercompany transactions.
- Oversees the Company’s IP portfolio and supports business unit needs related to IP, primarily trademarks.
- Provides legal advice and support to, and partners with, various corporate functions, including –
- The investor relations team in reviewing investor presentations, press releases and other materials, and in responding to questions from investors and analysts.
- The sales/marketing team in reviewing press releases, white papers and case studies, vendor agreements and other marketing materials.
- The finance/treasury teams on capital markets and financing transactions.
- Manages and oversees legal support on the Company’s equity incentive award and employee stock purchase plans, including with respect to securities laws matter.
- Oversees drafting, review and negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers, vendors and consultants.
- Manages outside counsel effectively and efficiently.
- Supports the development and improvement of policies and procedures and the continuous improvement of standard forms for the Legal Department.
- Executes projects as determined by needs of the Legal Department.
- JD degree with active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of corporate law experience, including a combination of major law firm and in-house experience, with broad experience leading teams managing corporate governance and securities law compliance.
- Experience in securities laws, capital markets and financing transactions and public company representation required.
- Experience managing a team of in-house attorneys, paralegals and non-legal subject matter experts required.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and excellent drafting, negotiating, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and research legal risks and issues, and effectively counsel clients.
- Proven ability to lead a team that supports a global enterprise and develop team members.
- Flexible team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, independent and able to handle and prioritize time-sensitive projects.