Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world’s trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty’s heritage is understanding a customer’s local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn’t consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world’s largest data center companies, we offer colocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions. Digital Realty is seeking motivated and imaginative professionals to grow our Enterprise business.
Position: Web Portal Architect (Remote)
The Portal Architect will be responsible for Portal planning and execution throughout the Portal lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, executing the product vision, and working closely with Architecture, Development and Business teams to ensure Portal solutions achieve Digital Realty’s Business goals. This position will oversee day-to-day operations of the Portal team and support processes.
- 8-10 Years of Customer facing Enterprise Web Applications Management and Development Experience
- Must have architected, designed Customer facing Portals Web and mobile apps
- Thorough knowledge of Microservices Architecture, Rest APIs and consumption
- Expert knowledge of content management systems and/or relevant web applications used for web production. Headless CMS experience (ex: Strapi) is highly desired.
- Experience in launching Full Stack Development based Products and Solutions
- Expert level knowledge in integrating full stack development projects with Microservices and APIs
- Expert level knowledge in using Jira
- Expert level knowledge in CI/CD Pipelines, Release Management Strategy
- Microsoft Azure or AWS based application deployment knowledge is highly preferred
- Experience in positioning, messaging, and launching products on a global basis
- Proven track record for product delivery and launch
- High-integrity, team player with demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical, detail-oriented problem-solving skills; excellent follow-up skills required
- Ability to tackle issues with a sense of urgency while maintaining professionalism and accuracy
- An aptitude for understanding technical concepts and simplifying them
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with multiple departments, subject matter experts, and colleagues that are geographically dispersed
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on understanding customer needs
- Ability to successfully manage/execute multiple projects with Remote Resources simultaneously
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent technical education in a directly related area
- A Degree in Digital UI/UX field is highly desirable
- Work with stakeholders to create and organize product backlogs
- Work in an agile environment following scrum development processes
- Partner with the business to gather requirements, assist in story writing, and manage/groom the backlog.
- Provide technical direction for the UI/UX development, and design, from the definition phase through to implementation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive site enhancements
- Responsible for developing desktop and mobile customer facing websites
- Responsible for providing content management, content strategy, and project management.
- Partner with API layer team to ensure front end requirements are met
- Responsible for the development and implementation of project plans and schedules, including release forecasting
- Manage the work in take and day to day development activities with external consulting company/vendor resources
- Responsible for developing roadmaps and working with peers to ensure cross-roadmap continuity and resource balancing
- Integrate customer and market research to document customer use cases, and product requirements
- Formulate business cases and roadmaps required for cross-functional planning
- Document product roadmap, requirements definition, positioning, messaging, and release strategy
- Work with product architects, designers and customers to define and refine the user experience
- Develop and execute successful go to market plans including launch planning and necessary collateral
- Track product usage, success, issues, and customer feedback
- Responsible for the efficiency and execution of portal strategy and work intake
- Provides trouble shooting for day-to-day issues and ongoing maintenance with portal solutions and reporting. Makes recommendations as needed to ensure reliability of the systems and finds innovative solutions if problems should occur
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal/externals customers at the senior management and executive level in order to influence project teams and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solutions. The position acts as a key team member to both IT and the business
- Tracks progress and notifies management of issues that require escalation, and assumes responsibility for resolving or coordinating the resolution of system and process issues
- Collaborates on and oversees various projects as assigned that are cross-functional in nature
- Perform all supervisory duties as needed to support a team of five or more members
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.