Your role :
The position reports to a Site Manager. Internally, he maintains privileged relationships with his peers at other sites, with Interxion France support resources; but also with the customer activities taking place at the site level. Contacts are possible with the Engineering unit of the head office and with the European Customer Service Center. Externally, it is the links with all the service providers working on the infrastructures that feed the flows, even occasionally with customers, particularly during audits. The responsibilities of this position are local.
- Anticipate the impact of future changes in customer load on these infrastructures, by setting up alert thresholds, but also by considering technical solutions for strengthening the infrastructures (technical feasibility, design choice, budget envelope, etc.) and / or their level of redundancy.
- On the instructions of the Site Manager, carry out this reflection on strengthening the infrastructure further (studies, validation by head office, implementation estimate, project planning, risk studies, operating mode, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager, participate in the development of the preventive maintenance schedule for the site's infrastructure. Implement the latter with all the service providers concerned, in collaboration with the operations assistant, and closely monitor operations with the constant concern for minimizing risks during interventions. Ensure the reporting of this activity, including in the curative dimension which should allow certain structural corrections to be made.
- Be a member of the on-call team for the technical infrastructures of all Interxion France sites, and as such maintain their level of knowledge and practice of these other sites in order to be able to intervene autonomously and fully. circumstances, as well as controlling the maintenance providers, to remedy incidents affecting these sites.
- Actively contribute, as part of a plan managed at the site level by the Site Manager, to all actions to improve the PUE of the site through an action on the perimeter of the infrastructures
- Be the guarantor, with the assistance of the IT and Systems Manager, of the proper functioning of the centralized technical management / site monitoring systems.
- Ensure that at all times these means allow the monitoring of infrastructures and their use, as closely and in the most efficient way as possible, including in the use that security guards manage to make of them
- Produce any indicator or any data enabling an indicator to be calculated, according to the requests of the Site Manager and / or the Administrative Operations Manager
What you'll need :
- Minimum of 5 years experience in this type of function, ideally in a similar data center operating environment
- Technical training (senior technician or engineer) in one of the following areas: electricity (generators, inverters, low voltage distribution), air conditioning, fire and physical safety (access control, video system, intrusion), BMS systems
- Electricity (HV-BV), air conditioning, fire and physical security (access control, video system, intrusion), BMS systems
- English (sufficient level to manage emergency situations related to technical infrastructures in conjunction with Group entities)
- Common practice of standard office tools
- Appreciated practice of software such as Autocad, CMMS, MS Project
Interxion France :
Our two French campuses give our customers access to Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In Paris, we co-locate all of France’s key internet exchanges in seven interconnected data centres, providing access to France and southern Europe. As one of the world's most attractive cities, with a rich and vibrant culture, Paris offers a quality of life that's hard to match. In Marseille, the submarine cables that link Europe to a variety of International markets connect directly into our campus, which makes it strategically important to our European and global business.
What we can offer you :
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.