The Sales Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the design, development, implementation, delivery, and reporting of training modules for the Global Sales & Marketing organization. This includes topics from technical products and services, to processes and sales skills methodologies. At the direction of Sales Programs management, the Sales Training Coordinator will partner with sales business units and subject matter experts to develop, implement, and measure sales training modules in support of program and organizational objectives. The Sales Training Coordinator will also measure training module effectiveness through KPIs related to Sales performance and engagement and assist Sales Training Leadership in optimizing overall program components for continued development. In practice, Sales Training is intended to create instruction that enhances the transfer, retention, and application of knowledge and skills, and that contributes to specific roles, performance goals, and overall positive company culture. The Sales Training Coordinator’s primary objective is to support program effectiveness to directly impact overall productivity in support of the sales team’s goals.
Training Program Administration
- Administer sales onboarding programs, certifying sales new hires have the foundational knowledge to be productive in their role
- Coordinate and facilitate training sessions, both virtual and in the field; this includes registration, logistics/site prep, and preparation of educational materials, including PowerPoint presentations, training videos, FAQs and step-by-step guidelines
- Utilize the LMS to store and manage curriculum, capture program registration, and run reports on utilization and key performance indicators
Training Program Development
- Work Sales Training leadership to develop modules that support the overall training curriculum objectives
- Engage with business leaders and subject matter experts to identify and create training modules designed to ensure teams maintain expertise on the latest services, products, processes, and skills
- Liaise with Sales Enablement to construct engaging sustainability plans and training communications that reinforce key knowledge and skill development trainings beyond the initial course completion
- Develop and administer training assessments for all functional areas; provide performance support for Sales & Marketing partners
- Align with a solution selling methodology and involve engagement of cross functional teams for content development and delivery
Measurement and Optimization
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and how it affects sales KPIs
- Continuously monitor and solicit feedback on all training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness, while driving enhancements for improved adoption
Learning & Development Leadership
- Promote collaboration and partnership by developing solid working relationships across all strata of the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of latest industry trends to ensure the right tools and platforms are leveraged to ensure training is efficient, engaging, and successful in meeting objectives
- Keep current with training and learning industry methodologies and best practices to identify ones that are the best fit and can be well-executed at Digital Realty for team success
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation, Digital Realty requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated by their start date as a condition of employment.
- BA/BS degree, with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in Sales, Sales Training & Enablement, and/or Instructional Design, preferably in the Telecommunications or IT industries
- Willing to travel 10-15%
- Foundational knowledge of sales strategies, processes, and methodologies, with demonstrated success in sales skills training and product/service training
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communications skills, with the ability to present professionally to all levels, both business and technical, within an organization
- Experience in directly creating content, skill building activities, and job aids/collateral to support comprehension and retention of key training objectives
- Exceptional ability to work with multiple functions within the organization including Sales, Product Marketing and Product Management to develop training modules
- Proven ability to complete full training development cycle: assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate
- Comfortable using live and online methods for demonstrations and training delivery
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively, quickly shifting gears to meet evolving business requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly on virtual teams and accommodate time zone differences
- Capacity to learn new technology concepts and terminologies quickly with ability to translate technical material in terms relevant to services
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive, result-oriented attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build solid, productive, cross-departmental relationships, lead projects with diverse teams, and influence decision making with senior-level audiences
- Analytical thinker able to summarize large quantities of data and create relevant and effective training material
- Fluency with learning management systems and platforms
- MS Office proficiency, with a particular focus on PowerPoint
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation, Digital Realty requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated by their start date as a condition of employment.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.