Manage the customer service function via the London Global Command Centre (GCC) in order to optimise customer satisfaction, quality assurance and to adhere to service level agreements (SLAs) held between Digital Realty and its customers.
The GCC is a critical component of differentiating Digital Realty’s service from the competition. It is a 24 x 7 x 365 Operation shared with it’s counterpart in North America which: monitors the alarms in EMEA data centres and takes appropriate action in response to changes in status; deals with all inbound customer contact via telephone, portal ticketing and email; notifies customers of incidents and planned activities in the data centres, provides customer SLA reporting and customer service management to key customers and ensures good co-ordination with the field on all aspects of customer service.
There is one manager in the GCC managing the various shifts that are covered by the GCC personnel. As such this position is required to provide the overall direction and day to day leadership and focus necessary to insure the GCC continues to provide exceptional service to our customers.
The key deliverables are managing the staff, making sure there is the right coverage in terms of number of people and appropriate skills such as knowledge of the global regions and their customers, insuring timely response to customer queries, coordinating with the countries in resolving customer issues and communicating to customers as appropriate. Managing open tickets and Service Incidents in timely manner is another key deliverable, as well as producing the metrics and the required quality associated with the GCC performance. Supporting the prevention of outages through effective Incident Management, Change Management, support of Problem Management and supporting other operational improvements is central to the role of the GCC.
What you’ll do
Manage GCC Team (25%)
- Provides effective guidance and leadership to team members
- Undertakes performance reviews and appraisals for team members
- Assigns and follows-up on progress of projects managed by GCC Managers & Supervisors
- Maintains a view on overall cost and personnel budget for the GCC team
Data Centre Alarm monitoring (10%)
- Ensure that all site critical alarms as monitored in the GCC and changes in status are responded to
- Develop the alarm monitoring of the sites to identify proactively any risk to customer SLA breach
Customer care: (20%)
- Maintain and manage professional behavior in all customer interactions; the ability to carefully listen and understand customer issues and perspectives; ability to tactfully communicate DLR policies or obligations; handle escalations and defuse emotional situations in order to proceed with issue resolution; ability to maintain composure and remain focused on issue resolution during crisis situations; ability to exercise good judgment, diplomacy and flexibility on the fly; treat customers and colleagues with respect regardless of various diverse backgrounds; cognizance and understanding of cultural differences.
- Manages ensuring timely notification of planned service-impacting events through the agreed change control process
Provides and manages support to customers through problem resolution and maintenance of services provided by the company
- Ensures GCC team adheres to service level agreements held with customers
- Drives GCC Team towards high achievement positively impacting the global Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Addresses and communicates potential internal and external security risks through coordination with Global and regional Security colleagues
- Acts as Crisis Manager for any serious, service-impacting events
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers through problem-solving, resolution skills and mediation
Leads and supports departmental and company-wide initiatives (15%)
- Liaise with other Business Units to generate, introduce and evolve processes and procedures that will mitigate service risks to clients and the business
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to increase quality and efficiency
- Maintains and improves quality of service, including achievement of GCC quality goals including Customer Notifications SLAs, Timely processing of Customer requests for access and contact administration, ISO certifications, ITIL certification and others as identified by the Sr. Vice President – Operations.
- Plans the support of new services and amendments to existing services in conjunction with the Product Management team
- Participate and promote Customer support improvement initiatives to ensure excellent Customer experience is provided
Incident and Problem Management (15%)
- Work with Incident Manager, Problem Manager and Site/Region Personnel to troubleshoot Incidents helping determine root cause
- Also working with Incident Manager, Problem Manager and Site/Region Personnel, identify and deploy resolution or work around as appropriate
Change Management (5%)
- Manage Change Management communications as part of DLR’s Change Management Process and Procedures as documented in the Operations Guide
- Insure appropriate Customer Communications are sent out in a timely manner
Project Manages departmental projects (5%)
- Assumes overall responsibility for GCC Operations Support projects
- Ensures projects are completed within specified timeframes
Manages customer services reporting (5%)
- Manages and provides reports for management to maintain visibility of the GCC performance
- Review and approve complex client reports produced by Customer Service Team Leaders
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Product Management in the development of the GCC’s role in improving the experience of DLR customers.
- Others as identified by the Sr. Director, Command Centre Operations
What you'll need
MS Project, Excel, Word, Sharepoint. Basic IT networking and architecture knowledge, Knowledge of IT practice
and terminology. Knowledge of telecommunications networks, data centre operations and Network Operations
- A “do-it” mentality, always positively focused on delivery
- Proven ability to work on multiple initiatives in parallel
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-language environment
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed and virtual team environment.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Educated to degree (Bachelor) level
- At least 4 - 6 years work experience in a leadership role in a customer services environment within an
International or European environment
- Prior experience managing a Network Operations Centre or Critical Data Centre CC a “plus”
- Proven ability to manage a team of people, including managing managers
- Experience in or affinity with Financial Systems and processes
- Fluent in English + one other European language is desirable
- Project Management skills
- Analytical skills
The role will be based in London. Travel globally will be required occasionally.
A bit about us
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, the company's global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx™) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 25+ countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.