Senior Manager, Global Command Center
Manage the customer service and network support services function via the Global Operations Command Center in order to optimise customer satisfaction, quality assurance and to adhere to service level agreements (SLAs) held between Digital Realty and its customers. The GCC is a critical component of differentiating Digital Realty’s service from the competition. It is a 24 x 7 x 365 Operation which: monitors the alarms for the Connectivity product offerings and the data centers and take appropriate action in response to changes in status; deals with all inbound customer contact via telephone, portal tickets and email; notifies customers of incidents and planned activities in the data centers, manages customer SLA reporting and provides customer service to key customers and ensures good co-ordination with the field on issues and communication. There is a direct report Supervisor in Clifton and a Manager in London managing the various shifts support covered by the GCC personnel. There is a staff of Network Support Engineers in both London and Clifton who report directly to the Global Command Center Sr. Manager. As such this position is required to provide the overall direction and day to day leadership and focus necessary to insure the GCC continues to provide exceptional service to our customers and internal teams. The key deliverables are managing the staff, making sure there is the right coverage in terms of number of people and appropriate skills such as knowledge of the regions and countries and their customers, ensuring timely response to customer queries, coordinating with the countries in resolving customer issues and communicating to customers as appropriate. Managing open tickets and Incidents in timely manner is another key deliverable, as well as producing the metrics and the required quality associated with the GCC performance. Supporting the prevention of outages through effective Incident Management, Change Management, support of Problem Management and supporting other operational improvements is central to the role of the GCC.
What you’ll do
Manage Global Command Center Team (25%)
Manage Data Center Connectivity Product Monitoring & Troubleshooting (25%)
1) Ensure that all network connectivity product critical alarms as monitored in the GCC and changes in status are responded to appropriately
2) Develop the alarm monitoring of the product systems to correlate alarms to facilitate and speed up fault identification
3) Work in coordination with IP Engineering team to ensure new circuits and network changes are updated in all alarming tools
Customer care: (10%)
1) Maintain professional behavior in all customer interactions; ability to carefully listen and understand customer issues and perspectives; ability to tactfully communicate Digital Realty policies or obligations; handle escalations and defuse emotional situations in order to proceed with issue resolution; ability to maintain composure and remain focused on issue resolution during crisis situations; ability to exercise good judgment, diplomacy and flexibility on the fly; treat customers with respect regardless of various diverse backgrounds; cognizance and understanding of cultural differences.
2) Ensures timely notification of planned service-impacting events through the agreed change control process
3) Provides support to customers through problem resolution and maintenance of services provided by the company
4) Ensures customer service adheres to service level agreements held with customers
5) Drives Global Command Center to contribute to high achievement on the Customer Satisfaction Survey
6) Addresses potential internal and external security risks through coordination of Global Security programs
7) Acts as Incident Manager for any serious, service-impacting events
8) Develops client relationships with major and smaller customers through problem-solving, resolution skills and mediation
Leads and supports departmental and company-wide initiatives (10%)
1) Liaise with other Business Units to generate, introduce and evolve processes and procedures that will mitigate service risks to customers and the business
2) Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to increase quality and efficiency
3) Maintains and improves quality of service, including achievement of GCC quality goals including Customer Notification SLAs, Timely processing of Customer requests for access, ISO certifications, ITIL certification and others as identified by the Sr. Director – Global Command Center.
4) Plans the support of new services and amendments to existing services in conjunction with the Product Management team
5) Participate and promote Operations improvement initiatives to ensure excellent Customer support is provided
Incident and Problem Management (10%)
1) Work with Operations Management, Problem Management and Field Personnel to perform analysis of Incidents to determine root cause
2) Work with Operations Management, Problem Management and Field Personnel to identify, deploy or support resolution or work around as appropriate
3) Follow Digital Realty Incident Management process to insure the resolution or work around is managed throughout the portfolio as appropriate
Change Management (10%)
1) Support Change Management Process and Procedures as documented in the Digital Realty Operations Guide
2) Manage Connectivity Product Change Requests via the Change Management Process to insure no conflicts exist with the changes scheduled
3) Insure appropriate Customer Communications are sent out in a timely manner
Project manages departmental projects (5%)
1) Assumes overall responsibility for GCC Operations Support projects
2) Ensures projects are completed within specified timeframes
Manages GCC Operations Metrics reporting (5%)
1) Manages and provides reports for management to maintain visibility of the GCC performance
2) Manages, reviews and publishes portfolio-wide INCIDENT reports
|Additional Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll need
Educated to degree (Bachelor) level
At least 4 - 6 years work experience in a leadership role in a customer services and/or NOC environment
Prior experience managing a Network Operations Center
Proven ability to manage a team of people, including managing managers
Fluent in English
Project Management skills
Communication Skills – Oral and Written
Experience with: MS Project, Excel, Word, Sharepoint. Advanced IT networking and architecture knowledge, Knowledge of IT practice and terminology. Advanced knowledge of telecommunications networks, data centre operations and Network Operations Centres (NOC)
A bit about us
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, the company’s global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx®) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 25+ countries on six continents.
A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
Our Compensation Philosophy
Digital Realty offers its employees a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions. Central to our compensation philosophy is rewarding our employees for achieving the values and objectives aligned to the company's overall goals and values.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.