The Manager, Facilities Engineering (MFE) is a critical role that provides the technical expertise to plan, coordinate and manage all Data Centre equipment, systems and infrastructure to ensure operational excellence. The key focus for the MFE is the safe operation of the site with reduction of risk being of paramount importance.
What you'll do
- Plan, implement, coordinate and oversees all mechanical/ electrical operations, maintenance and energy
management programmes; ensuring risk is minimised and all works are compliant with safe systems of
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with
minimum disruption of building services; recommend and implement improvements to the preventative
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Act as HV, LV Senior Approved Person as well as the technical lead in the event of emergencies. Be part of the Call Out Rota as escalation.
- Ensure that the engineering teams receive adequate technical, administrative, scenario and any other
training as required in conjunction with local code, and act as primary technical resource for various DLR
- Utilize maximum capabilities of Computerised Maintenance Management System control system, ensuring that all appropriate data is entered into the CMMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of contracted personnel and third parties who are providing
services or performing work within the assigned property, and ensure all method statements and permits
are in order.
- Ensure Compliance with all statutory H&S policies, all applicable local codes, government agencies and ISO standards.
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management.
- Understand the budgeting process and work with the relevant internal stake holders and Property
Management team on tracking, managing operational and capital project and expenditure.
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Maintain cost effective and efficient operation of all building systems.
- Monitor all allocations of building system capabilities to various base building and tenant needs
- Act as primary technical resource for Building Engineers, Property Management and various DLR groups.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilisation of protective equipment.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer
What you’ll need
- Extensive engineering experience gained within a technically focused industry e.g. telecoms, data centres, construction etc. Degree level qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of UPS systems from a maintenance perspective.
- Recognized formal electrical training (City and Guilds etc).
- Experience and knowledge of Operation of Critical Building infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical and
- AP15 course and experience as an HV Authorised Person.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve customer operational requirements in an effective timely manner.
- Maintain high standards for self and others and drive a programme of continuous improvement.
- Ability to provide clear guidance and support to team members even when under pressure.
- Ability to live the Company values: Customers, Excellence, Talent, Success, Teamwork.
- Experience dealing with critical crisis situations.
- Experience on structuring policies and procedures.
- Computer literate (Ms Office).
A bit about us
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, the company's global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx™) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 28 countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.