The Regional Project Controls Manager maintains relationships with key external suppliers/vendors to ensure we understand market dynamics and cost trends in each of the locations we operate. This role will develop and maintain reporting requirements across the EMEA region as well as managing project budgeting/forecasting and reporting in line with DE&C Budget Tracking Template requirements alongside Construction Accounting requirements.
- To work within the DE&C Team to lead and be accountable for all aspects of cost and commercial management.
- To work with Construction Delivery team to establish schedule and risk management standards and assure consistent tracking/reporting take place across the EMEA region.
- To establish information management fundamentals across the EMEA region throughout the full lifecycle of projects and assure consistent tracking/reporting take place across the EMEA region.
- Technical lead in Cost Controls on campuses within their region including budget management, forecasting, change management diligence / Owner Change Order quality, invoice review, accruals, and risk facilitation.
- Identify project commercial risk mitigation opportunities in collaboration with other Construction Delivery team, and cross functional partners, and drive those opportunities into resolution.
- Support the Preconstruction team in the review of General Contractor contracts for new projects, gathering of historical data, incorporation of master contract terms, communication, and management of finalized internal budget.
- Direct communication with Regional Construction Directors to ensure collaboration and alignment of project health between cost and schedule and overall project risk.
- Strategize and drive programmatic efficiencies and opportunities for the future of Business Controls within DE&C, including continued alignment with other Regional Project Controls Managers.
- To provide commercial and cost control, assurance, and insight and to ensure our goals of delivering projects faster and cheaper projects are on track.
- To deliver accurate and consistent forecasting and internal and external benchmarking metrics to the D&C Leadership Team, to the Programme Board and to the SLT.
What you’ll need
- Degree in Quantity Surveying paired with professional qualifications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, as we build the combined organization
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in leading or playing a senior role in a significant projects / transaction.
- Experience in managing high performing teams
- 5+ years’ experience working in Commercial project management, preferably in data centres.
- Experience in managing a multi country project structure.
- Experience in Continuous Process Improvement and defining and managing associated metrics and KPIs
- Experience in data centres or a similar mission critical environment is considered a significant advantage though not essential this will be a key consideration should multiple candidates be assessed for suitability.
- Experience of working in a European multi-cultural environment
- Experience managing and developing contractors, subcontractor, and vendor relationships as well as experience working with standard practices in the design and construction industry
- Experience working with local, regional, domestic, and international construction build codes and health & safety requirements
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL® , the company’s global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx® ) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 28 countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.