Leads the ‘Program Development & Support Pillar’ within the wider EMEA - Design, Engineering & Construction function. This Director level role carries direct responsibility for: all new project master plans; subject matter experts (SME’s) covering collectively Architectural, Civil & Structural (CSA); stand-alone Mechanical; stand-alone Electrical; design standardisation & optimisation; and continuous improvement development and implementation.
You will need to be a multi-disciplinary, enthusiastic and proactive individual displaying exceptional organisational and presentation skills who is confident interacting with senior level stakeholders both internal to the wider DRT organisation as well as Red Carpet Customer representatives. An experienced design and construction professional with a technical background in any of the CSA and or MEPH disciplines with good construction management expertise to ensure that the next iteration of DRT’s project delivery solutions is well considered and robust. Operating strategically under your own initiative, you will control all aspects of the ‘Program Development & Support’ pillar.
- Masterplan all new projects inclusive of: early standardisation; scheduling; risk management; and commercials; through land closure to AG2 and on occasion AG3 inclusive of permitting;
- Undertaking feasibility and viability studies with Acquisition, Investment and Portfolio teams – including review of existing building refurbishment/upgrade/refit opportunities;
- Alignment of exiting masterplan standards and building blocks to support DRT’s emerging standards;
- Provides oversight and assistance with writing and editing of specifications and equipment selection for building systems and devices;
- Assists with key plant & equipment standardised specification as well as Vendor selection;
- Provides strategic direction for ‘build-to-suit’ opportunities focused around Red Carpet Customers;
- Incorporation of strategic DRT operational excellence;
- Creates and implements execution strategy for all DE&C activity in emerging EMEA locations including new expansion activity supporting the wider Acquisition and Investment Teams;
- Determines pillar staffing needs by discipline based upon current and projected workload;
- Acts as mentor to group personnel, providing continuous evaluation, assistance and support through professional training and career development;
- Recognises outstanding contributions as well as provides constructive criticism for areas of improvement;
- Reviews all CSA & MEPH deliverables for technical content, quality and adherence to code/standardisation requirements;
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years either data centre or heavily engineered/highly serviced building design experience ideally in a multi-disciplinary design environment;
- 7-10 years of progressive management experience;
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between CSA elements of the scheme and primary mech, elec and ICT elements and in particular the commissioning and IST of the same;
- Previous involvement in the delivery of multiple large developments;
- Familiarity of gating processes/change control within an Owner Operator development organisation.
- Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in one of the CSA or MEPH engineering disciplines or equivalent experience in a related field such as Construction Management will also be considered;
- Ideally Chartered or professional registration within any of the: Architectural; Civil; Structural; Electrical; Mechanical; engineering disciplines;
- Possess 10+ years’ experience in data centre and or technically demanding developments with experience of all aspect of the delivery of the same;
- Extensive familiarity and working knowledge of: Building & energy; ASHRAE; NFPA; codes;
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL® , the company’s global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx® ) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 28 countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.