Assistant Customer Service Engineer
The Assistant Customer Service Engineer is responsible for carrying out Customer Service Requests, cabling interconnections & elements of customer implementations and monitoring of Critical Infrastructure of the Data Center Buildings.
- Provide technical Customer Service support and carry out operational technical interventions requested by clients, such us Remote Hands requests, cabling interconnections, IT equipment installations, connectivity issues etc. for which direct contact with customers may be required.
- Execute tasks assigned from the Service Planning Department through Service Now platform.
- Monitor the Critical Infrastructures of the Data Center Buildings
- Provide First Level support for Critical Infrastructure equipment (e.g. execution of SOPs etc.)
- Support Implementation Services & activities under the coordination of the Service Design & Implementation department
- Execution of migration activities such as Installation, Documentation, testing etc.
- Execution of operational tasks regarding incidents on Customer’s equipment or the Critical Infrastructure equipment
- Inform Customers, Service Planning, and the potentially ECC (DLR Command Center) about progress in interventions and the delivery of any value-added services, follow up on customer termination requests and questions.
- Report on weekly and monthly basis Customers and Critical Infrastructure management
- Provide monitoring services for third-party Data Centers’ infrastructure maintenance and support contracts
- Adhere to the QHSSE Responsibilities Matrix
What you’ll need
- Vocational or Bachelor level qualification of a technical nature (qualified electricians are a distinct advantage)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme certification or similar demonstrating that you have passed the relevant Health and Safety tests (desirable but not essential)
- Previous relevant experience as a technician in Telco, IT, or DC background (preferred but not essential)
- Experience with networks desired but not essential
- ITIL and/or Service Now Experience is preferred but not essential
- Experience working in a client-facing data center
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data installations and terminations
DLR Hellas, A Digital Realty Company is the largest and most interconnected carrier-neutral data centre in Greece. Founded in 2002, its state-of-the-art data centre campus in Athens offers best-in-class cloud and colocation services. It serves as a hub connecting telecoms providers, customers and partners and is a key connectivity gateway to South-eastern Europe and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). As part of Digital Realty, our customers now have access to 49 metros across six continents. We’ve 2,800+ colleagues around the world who work together, come up with life-changing solutions and create connections that matter every day.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.