As a Legal Operations Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and optimizing our legal processes and systems to enhance efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and performance. You will collaborate closely with our global legal team, executives, and cross-functional departments to remove barriers to execution. Working closely with the Legal Risk Sustainability (LRS) Operations team, which supports the broader LRS Team, this role will partner initially with the global Commercial & Real Estate/Ops Legal team and gradually expand to partner with the broader global Legal team, including Corporate, M&A, Litigation and Employment.
Legal Process Optimization:
- Evaluate and streamline legal processes, procedures, and workflows to remove barriers to execution, improve efficiency and productivity.
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement technology solutions to streamline legal operations.
- Develop and implement best practices and standard operating procedures to enhance the effectiveness of legal operations.
- Continuously monitor and assess process performance, identify bottlenecks, and propose enhancements.
Legal Project Management:
- Oversee legal projects and initiatives, ensuring timely execution and successful completion.
- Define project goals, scope, timelines, and resource allocation in collaboration with legal teams.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks and obstacles, and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project stakeholders, including legal professionals, executives, and external partners.
- Oversee projects, initiatives and other tasks that support the Legal team (e.g., SharePoint updates, time tracking, etc.).
Legal Technology Management:
- Evaluate, select, and implement legal technology solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Manage legal software systems and tools, ensuring optimal utilization and integration with other business systems.
- Stay updated on emerging legal technologies, trends, and industry best practices.
- Provide training and support to legal teams on legal technology tools and applications.
Data Analytics and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain metrics, dashboards, and reports to track and analyze legal department performance.
- Utilize data analytics to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to drive informed decision-making.
What you’ll need
- Proven experience as a Legal Operations Manager or similar role, preferably within a legal department.
- Strong understanding of legal operations, processes, and workflows.
- Experience with contracting processes and workflows preferred.
- Strong change management skills; preferably experience in a global organization. Able to foster buy in from different stakeholders, regardless of their position in the company and inspire others to embrace new ways of working.
- Familiarity with legal technology solutions and their practical implementation.
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. PMP, Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or other Agile methodology experience helpful.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, using tools such as Excel or data visualization software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Prior experience in vendor management is a plus.
A bit about us
Digital Realty brings companies and data together by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, the company's global data center platform, provides customers with a secure data meeting place and a proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx™) solution methodology for powering innovation and efficiently managing Data Gravity challenges. Digital Realty gives its customers access to the connected data communities that matter to them with a global data center footprint of 300+ facilities in 50+ metros across 28 countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.