Position Title: Regional Health Safety Manager
A key role in the HSE team, this role has an impact on the countries within the position’s sub-region as it will work with local teams to ensure implementation and adherence to the statutory requirements and the safety management system. The individual will partner with the operational teams to help them to take ownership of occupational health, safety and the environment within their countries which will drive continual improvement with DLR’s safety culture at all our operational site..
What you’ll do
- Engage with the development and continually improvement the Safety Management System.
- Deploy the safety management system and its improvements to the country teams.
- Perform and maintain Safety Fit Gap Analysis for each country within remit
- Provide Safety training to the country operations teams.
- Schedule and Perform Internal Safety Audits of the teams and sites.
- Facilitate safety incident investigations.
- Monitor and report the HSE aspects within the Operations department; actively drive measure to prevent incidents/accidents
- Provide technical support/ guidance as necessary to accident/ incident investigation teams.
- Bring to the attention of the Leadership Team any relevant new legislation.
- Immediately contact the Leadership Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the H&S Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- Responsible for Problem Management, gathering evidence, manage and monitor internal and external root cause investigations, assure that reported problems are handled according to company wide and local processes and procedures.
- Provide support to customers related to internal or external audits, as initiated and requested by (potential) customers.
- Complete and share lessons learned from incidents.
- Ensure Lessons Learned from other sites/sub-regions are applied at all sites within their sub-region.
- Ensure sites complete safety programs, initiatives and training deployed by global and regional safety.
- Be aware of and ensure that the sites comply to statutory requirements.
- Complete KPI reports and identify systemic issues within their sub-region.
- Contribute to the safety management review reports
- Participates in OPS Management Team and contributes actively beyond the own responsibility areas
- and many more....
What you’ll need
- Master/Degree in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leading Health & Safety role in an industrial, critical environment (e.g. full continuous factory)
- Proven experience as safety manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Working knowledge of the statutory requirements for safety within the countries of their sub-region.
- Working knowledge of ISO45001 and OHSAS18001 desirable
- Excellent planning skills: headlined long term planning (at least one year) and detailed short-term planning (in daily operations)
- High personal standards: always looking for higher standards with eye for quality (zero defects)
- Good people management skills: coach, motivate and inspire people; own team, project team members, any employee from any department within Interxion, vendors and contractors.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written): open, direct and honest.
- Accuracy and eye for detail: you are able to create the blueprint and get it executed according to plan, firmly managed.
- Analytical: you use reported data to analyse and improve costs and quality, you are systematic.
- Able to maintain a professional composure and positive approach in pressured situations.
- Strong team working skills
- Solution based approach to problem solving
- Competent with influencing people at all levels in the organization
- Awareness of local culture and customs within their sub-region.
- High personal standards: Working with an eye for safety by always being the role model for working safely.
- Stress resilient: Maintain a professional composure and positive approach even under high pressure situations
- Fluent in English both in writing and orally – advantageous to communicate in Japanese, Korean or Cantonese
- Travelling of 40% to 60% within sub-regions are required
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital Team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.