The Inside Commercial Sales (CIS) is responsible for sourcing, developing and growing sales opportunities for our global colocation and interconnection services
(CIS) identifes customers business need/challenges and propose technical solutions that support growth and long-term business relationships by actively prospecting and managing an assigned account based.
- Plans, builds, and nurtures relationships within assigned accounts/prospects to position Digital Realty as a trusted advisor and provider of choice
- Direct responsibility for the identification, contact, qualification and development of qualified new accounts and opportunities
- Leads coordinated sales approach with extended sales team members (Sales Engineers, Customer Success, Commercial Management, Sales Operations, etc.) to drive opportunities to closure
- Manages inbound leads from Marketing and Partner/Alliance channels with timely engagement and response to inquiries to drive opportunity conversions
- Meets and exceeds sales target of new monthly recurring revenue by building sales pipeline of qualified opportunities, articulating value proposition, and delivering a winning proposal
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develops account plans that are focused on maintaining/growing accounts by researching and developing an understanding of the customer business and organizational landscape
- Contributes to customer contract renewals and negotiations to reduce churn
- Methodically logs/tracks customer interactions to produce regular activity reports and maintain opportunity pipeline in SFDC to provide accurate forecasts
- Facilitates ongoing customer relationships to provide exceptional internal and external customer service and timely resolution of customer issues while promoting the company’s core values
- Supports and promotes ongoing corporate strategy and initiatives
- Executes other special projects/assignments as directed by the Manager Commercial Sales & Sales
- Proven expertise to develop relationships from cold calling or networking activity
- Proficient at planning and executing account strategies and maintaining effective long-term business relationships with key decision makers
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Capacity to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply knowledge
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline and effectively forecast both short- and long-term sales cycles
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity and commitment to daily activity tracking in CRM tool. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Strong solution selling skills and relationship management skills
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to conduct presentations to variety of levels both internal and external to the company
- Ability to interact with cross-functional peers as well as senior management
A bit about us
Interxion: A Digital Realty Company, is a leading provider of carrier and cloud-neutral data centre services across EMEA. With more than 700 connectivity providers in over 100 data centres across 13 European countries, we are at the heart of the internet – powering finance, communication, healthcare, creativity, entertainment, life. As part of Digital Realty, our customers now have access to 49 metros across six continents. We’ve 2,800+ colleagues around the world who work together, come up with life-changing solutions and create connections that matter every day.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us. This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.