As a member of the Portfolio Operations team, these new, highly-visible roles will oversee all site-level, campus-level security operations for the assigned properties by administering the third-party guarding service contract, coordinating security technology infrastructure projects and ensuring overall security compliance with Digital Realty’s policies and procedures and other regulatory and contractual requirements.
- 10+ years of security operations experience required preferably in a corporate environment or government agency with advance knowledge of physical security operations and technical design and system trends.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or have law enforcement or US military background with honorable discharge or a combination of both educational and relevant, job-related work experience.
- Data center operations, experience with managing large, multi-complex facilities and/or technology industry experience preferred.
- Customer focus and experience working with top Fortune 100 customers.
- Self-driven, bias for action and detail oriented.
- Prior experience with business continuity and emergency response planning and operations coordination preferred.
- Experience with security systems and software platforms required.
- Strong commitment to security policies, rules and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- A polished professional demeanor and commercial mindset.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and work solutions through to completion with absolute discretion and confidentiality when required.
- Must be computer literate and possess advance-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Knowledge and experience with the use of quality and/or continuous improvement tools, techniques, practices, etc. preferred.
- Strong team player with a demonstrated track record and history in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and solving problems.
- Advance customer (internal/external) interfacing, problem-solving and relationship skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel locally as required.
- Overnight travel may be required on an “as needed, special basis” but generally less than 10% of the time.
- Oversee day-to-day security operations and management of site security vendor for assigned territory.
- Manage budget and assigned security infrastructure projects for assigned security operations.
- Drive operational and security compliance; and create accountability through effective change management, leadership and innovation.
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction KPIs as evidence in feedback surveys, audit results, zero security breaches and policy violations.
- Oversee third-party security vendor recruitment and training including:
- Providing initial on-boarding and training for contracted security provider’s key supervisory staff (e.g. lead site, area managers) on technology, customer SLAs, site policy and procedures.
- Ensure third-party security guard firm complies with the service contract, KPIs and SLAs objectives including:
- Closely monitoring alarm response, building/grounds physical security protection, customer lease SLA requirements, effective crisis management, employee/customer safety, investigations, fire and life safety.
- Coordinate with guard services provider to ensure consistent development of, and compliance with, post orders.
- Establish an annual security operations plan for assigned properties on staffing, recruiting and retention, systems, infrastructure upgrades and maintenance, budget management and customer satisfaction. Set KPIs to measure and report on operational and systems performance.
- Ensure all training requirements and/or annual company-sponsored security operational exercises, compliance requirements and audits are completed on-time for assigned territory.
- Lead business continuity and emergency response planning and operations coordination for assigned operations.
- Monitor and regulate security platform transactions, security vendor KPI’s and SLA’s in assigned territory; and develop corrective actions to address deficiencies.
- Keep records and prepare accurate timely reports both manually and through automated methods.
- Facilitate security equipment deployment projects as appropriate and assigned by Digital manager.
- Support internal and external regulatory audits and certifications, customer/sales/corporate tours as needed.
- Liaison with Digital Realty’s corporate Portfolio Security, other Digital departments, local fire and police officials, contractors and others to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Successfully perform and complete duties that may be assigned by Digital manager.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.